Click the link below if you want to donate to PBJ!
Follow Me On Social Media
Italian American Lasagna Recipe
12 Lasagna Noodles
1-1.50 Lbs Ground Beef
1 Lb Sweet Italian Sausage Meat
1-1/2 Cups Fresh Spinach, Chopped
1 Large Onion, Chopped
4 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 Cups Shredder Cheddar Cheese
8oz Ricotta Cheese
36oz Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce
6oz Canned Tomato Paste
1/4 Cup Diced Tomatoes
16oz Sour Cream
2 Tbs Parsley Flakes
1 Tsp Minced Garlic
1 Tbs Seasoning Salt
1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Sugar
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1. Place a large pot of water over high heat.
2. Once water comes to a boil, add lasagna noodles and boil for 8-10 minutes. Once done, drain noodles, then sit aside.
3. Add sauce, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste to a pot. Add white sugar and Italian seasoning, then stir in well.
4. Chop large onion into small pieces.
5. Place a pan over high heat. Add ground beef, sweet Italian sausage meat, and onions.
6. Chop and break meat into small pieces while frying.
7. Once brown, add salt, garlic powder, minced garlic, and pepper.
8. Cook until well done.
9. Once done, drain excess oil. Afterwards, place meat into pot of sauce, then stir well.
10. Add shredded mozzarella cheese, sour cream, ricotta cheese, and chopped fresh spinach to a big bowl, then stir in well.
11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
12. Coat the bottom of a baking pan with a little meat sauce.
13. Top with 4 lasagna noodles.
14. Coat with spinach cream mixture.
15. Add some shredded cheddar cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese.
16. Coat with 2nd layer of meat sauce and continue layering until pan is full.
17. Top with meat sauce, cheese, and fresh parsley.
18. Bake for 45-50 minutes.