A wonderful traditional rustic and tasty dish combining the meat with the delicious banana flower. Pigeon meat is replaced by quail here due to availability.
Disclaimer: The Quail meat used is farmed raised and no wild bird was killed or cooked
1. Pigeon or Quail meat- 500 grams small pieces
2. Banana Flower- 250 grams
3. Ginger- 1inch
4. Garlic paste – 8-10 cloves
5. Onions -1 medium sliced
6. Green chilies – 6-8 slit
7. Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
8. Mustard Oil – 4 tablespoon
9. Pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
10. Cumin Powder – 1 ½ teaspoon
11. Salt as per taste
1. Clean the Banana Flower
a. Grease your hands with some oil, then peel the outer layers or bracts which is maroon in colour. You will see the tiny bunch of florets, which you will have to further separate into individual floret. You will have to continue doing this step until you reach the innermost layer
b. The second part of cleaning the banana flower is to remove the stamen from each floret.
c. Soak the florets in water for 30 minutes and rinse it thoroughly multiple times. Now gently mash and squeeze them with your hands and keep aside.
2. Make a rough paste of the ginger and garlic cloves in a mortar and pestle.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add the meat followed by salt, turmeric powder, cumin powder, pepper powder, ginger-garlic paste. Stir it well and cook this for 15minutes on a medium flame; keep checking in between. Splash some water if required until the meat is cooked.
4. Now add the sliced onions, green chilies and banana flower. Lower the flame, stir and let it cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Gently keep stirring the dish until cooked.
Canon 700D: http://amzn.to/2kYEM8T
Canon EOS M5(Mirrorless Camera) : http://amzn.to/2psRVbF
Camera: GoPro http://amzn.to/2jJul7g(Hero 4) http://amzn.to/2p9xj8h (Hero 5)
GoPro Card : http://amzn.to/2ozvrTa
Daily Beetle by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
#PigeonRecipe #NortheastIndianRecipe #AssameseRecipe